The League of Westchester on the Sound is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and to improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. The Junior League of Westchester on the Sound does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion or national origin.
- The purpose of the scholarship is exclusively educational and charitable and is intended to promote voluntary participation in community affairs and to demonstrate the effectiveness of trained volunteers.
- One scholarship in the amount of $2,500 is available to be awarded.
- Students must demonstrate community service beyond the basic community service required by their schools and the award will be based on the merit of their voluntarism in the Sound Shore Area.
You are eligible to apply if you are a high school senior who is a resident of and attending high school in Port Chester, Rye, Rye Brook, Rye Neck, Harrison, Mamaroneck, Larchmont, or New Rochelle, NY; graduating in the Spring of 2021; and who will enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study during the 2021-2022 school year at an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
This is a non-need-based scholarship.
Grade point is not a determining factor.
- All information on the Junior League of Westchester on the Sound, Margaret Manley Community Service Scholarship application form must be filled out completely.
- Use the following methods to submit your completed application, transcript and appraisals to the JLWOS Scholarship Committee.
- Completed Applications: Send completed applications to JLWOS Scholarship Committee at [email protected]
- Transcripts: Appropriate school officials (e.g. guidance counselor) may email an applicant’s high school transcript directly to the JLWOS Scholarship Committee at [email protected]. Alternatively, a print copy of the applicant’s high school transcript may be mailed to the JLWOS Scholarship Committee (mailing address on page 5 of the application.) In this case, the transcript must be placed in a sealed envelope and the school official must sign over the envelope’s seal.
- Appraisals: Appraisers can email their evaluations directly to JLWOS Scholarship Committee at [email protected]. Alternatively, a print copy of an applicant appraisal may be mailed to the JLWOS Scholarship Committee (mailing address on page 5 of the application.) In this case, the appraisal must be placed in a sealed envelope and the appraiser must sign over the envelope’s seal. At least one applicant appraisal is required. Applicants may submit up to two appraisals.
- Completed applications, transcripts, and appraisals must be received by the JLWOS on or before Monday, April 12, 2021. Applications will not be accepted for consideration after this deadline.
- Finalists may be requested to attend an interview with the JLWOS Scholarship Committee sometime in late April 2021.
- The JLWOS expects to announce a final decision in May 2021
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION BELOW