- A link to this year’s application can be found at the following link: 2022 JLWOS Grant Application
- Completed 2022 Community Grant Applications, including supporting materials such as budget, auditor’s letter and tax-exempt certificate, should be e-mailed to [email protected] by the application deadline of April 11, 2022.
JLWOS Grants Overview:
- JLWOS is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and to improving the community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
- In addition to the projects that we spearhead ourselves, we are pleased to be able to make grants available for programs that support the needs of our community in our service area (New Rochelle, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Harrison, Rye, Port Chester, and Rye Brook).
- The amount of individual grants awarded varies from year to year based on our available resources. Award(s) can range from $1,000 to $4,000 with an average of $2,500. Organizations seeking significantly larger amounts are encouraged to seek matching funds simultaneously.
- Grants are ultimately awarded based on merit, need, and the availability of funds.
- All grant finalists will receive a site visit from our JLWOS grant committee and/or board members.
- Grant proceeds should ultimately serve the needs of the community in one or more of our service areas: New Rochelle, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Harrison, Rye, Port Chester and Rye Brook;
- Generally, but not always, grants are awarded for program/project development and/or implementation;
- Requests for administrative salaries, fund-raising expenses and office-equipment will not be considered, unless those funds provide a direct benefit (computers for children’s use or salaries of a teacher, for example, would be permitted, where salaries of a secretary or director and computers for the same would be excluded);
- Grants will not be awarded for the same project for more than two consecutive years, barring special circumstances;
- Applications for grants must be made by and for the use of tax-exempt, non-for-profit organizations;
- If we can accommodate your request through a committee in our League rather than through a direct grant, we will forward your request on to the appropriate committee chair;
- We ask that you type your application to ensure legibility.
- The application deadline is April 11, 2022. Unfortunately, applications not received in a timely manner will not be considered.
- Finalists will be contacted and site visits will be scheduled in April & May 2022.
- Awards will be announced by the end of May 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the application or the Grant process, please feel free to e-mail the Grants and Scholarship Committee at [email protected].